Management of endangered and threatened species protects the future.
The Endangered Species Act (ESA) of 1973, as amended, and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), are varied and complex. Whatever the project, we have the depth of knowledge and experience to be your endangered and threatened species consulting partner.
We coordinate background research of mapped and published information with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), fisheries, state natural resource and conservation departments, and other appropriate resource agencies. Our staff has performed numerous field investigations for federal and state-protected species and species of conservation concern, including a wide variety of flora and fauna.
When required, Edwards-Pitman Environmental provides experience in the relocation of threatened and endangered species and construction monitoring services to further project development and resource protection goals.
Our endangered and threatened species services include:
- GIS evaluations and desktop screenings
- Federal, state, and local regulatory compliance and coordination
- Site evaluations and habitat assessments
- Species-specific field surveys
- Nesting bird surveys and monitoring
- Biological assessments associated with informal and formal Section 7/9 Consultations under the ESA
- Protected plant and mussel relocation services
- Compliance monitoring